This Marketing Plan Template is ideal for startups and businesses looking for finance. It’s also a great addition to a business plan.
All instructions in brackets and italics – [like this] – are intended to help you complete the plan.
This template covers all the main areas of a decent marketing plan. These are:
- Summary: This is a brief summary of your overall marketing proposition, covering all the main elements of your plan.
- Marketing strategy: This examines your value proposition, the route to market, and your approach to the ‘7 Ps’.
- Marketing objectives: These objectives should be SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely.
- Target market: Include details of your target market here, as well as the results of primary and secondary market research.
- Customer profiles: This covers the specifics of your target customers.
- Competitor analysis: This section provides a brief analysis of your competitors.
- Marketing channels: This covers the channels you intend to use to promote your product/service.
- Implementation: This section examines how you will realise your marketing objectives, by taking into account metrics, budget, timeframes and responsibilities.